2. Types of information we collect
- a. Customer Information
Myhost will collect information that you voluntarily share on our website such as your name, company name, postal address, email address, phone number(s), postal code(s) and billing and payment information such as credit card information. This will be referred to as Personal Information.
- b. Visitor Information
Myhost will gather statistics and other visitor information such as user IP addresses, browser types, demographic and geographic information and other statistical data involved in the use of our website e.g Google Analytics. This will be referred to as Non-Personal Information.
3. Purpose & Use of Collected Personal Information
- We will use your personal information to process orders placed by you on our website and to communicate with you regarding products, services and future promotions. We may use your personal information to verify ownership of your account e.g mobile phone number or last 4 digits of your assigned debit/credit card if this is your chosen payment method.
- Depending on the type of service required you may also be required to provide copies of Photo ID, brochures, signed statements of intent, copies of invoices or a utility bill. These will be uploaded through our website and stored electronically. Such files can be deleted on request.
4. Information Accuracy & Retention
- Myhost will take reasonable steps to ensure the personal information we receive is accurate and reliable for its intended use. We rely on the accuracy of the information provided directly to us by our customers through our website. We will accept responsibility for the management and confidentiality of the personal information collected. However we cannot be held responsible to changes in personal information originally supplied to us e.g changes to contact email address, postal address etc
- In general we will keep your personal information for as long as your services are active with us however we reserve the right to retain personal information for any period required by law to comply with our legal obligations.
5. Sharing of Personal and Non-Personal Information
- a. We will never disclose your personal information with third parties unless you have given written consent to this disclosure however there may be instances where we may be required to disclose personal information to the Irish Police Force (Gardai), to comply with a summons, an applicable law, a court or regulatory order etc
- b. We may disclose non-personal information to third parties where this information may be collected to represent user activity on our website for example number of unique visitors, visitor demographic, site usage, Google Analytics however this data is not linked to any personal information and cannot identify any individual person.
- Myhost will use Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology to protect your personal information transferred from your internet browser to our servers however we cannot guarantee the security of information on or transmitted via the Internet. We will however endeavour to use best practices and take steps necessary to protect your personal data.
7. Where we store your Personal Information
- We store your Personal Information in our Dublin Datacentre, South City Business Centre, Tallaght, Dublin, Ireland (within the EU/EEA)
- Some services including Domain Registrations may include data transfer outside of the EU/EEA
8. Right of Access to Personal Information
- You have the right to access any personal information we hold about you. You have the right to correct, amend or delete any information you deem to be incorrect. You may access your personal information through your client area on the Myhost.ie website where you can review, update, correct or delete personal information held by us. You may also contact us regarding your Personal Information by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org where we will respond within 24 hour time-frame.
- Myhost will take reasonable steps to verify your identity before making any modifications to your personal information for security reasons.
9. Contacting Myhost regarding your Personal Information
Unit C, Block 4
Shannon Business Park
- In addition, if we make any material changes in our privacy practices that do not affect user information already stored in our database, we will post a prominent notice, before changes go into effect, on our web site notifying users of the change. In some cases where we post the notice we will also email users, who have opted to receive communications from us, notifying them of the changes in our privacy practices.