1.0 Definitions & Interpretation
The definitions and rules of interpretation in this clause apply in these Terms:
- “Account” means a Client’s online account with the Company created on and accessed through the Site;
- “Client” or “you” means a person, firm or company that purchases or agrees to purchase Services from the Company.
- “Contract” means a contract for the sale and supply of Services by the Company.
- “Company” or “we” means Myhost Internet Services Limited, a company incorporated and registered in Ireland with company number 358289 with its registered office at Westmead, Clenagh, Newmarket-on-Fergus, Co Clare.
- “Services” means the services supplied by the Company to a Client.
- “Site” means the Myhost.ie website.
- “Terms” means these terms.
- Unless the context otherwise requires, words in the singular shall include the plural and the plural shall include the singular and a reference to one gender shall include a reference to the other genders.
- A person includes a natural person, corporate or unincorporated body (whether or not having separate legal personality). A reference to a company shall include any company, corporation or other body corporate, wherever and however incorporated or established.
- Any words following including, include, in particular, for example or any similar expression shall be construed as illustrative and shall not limit the sense of the words, description, definition, phrase or term preceding those terms.
- The headings used in these Terms are for reference purposes only and shall in no way affect the meaning or interpretation of these Terms.
- The Schedules form part of these Terms and shall have effect as if set out in full in the body of these Terms. Any reference to the Terms includes the Schedules.
- These Terms apply to all Contracts and all supply of Services by the Company to the exclusion of all other terms and conditions which the Client may purport to apply.
- By completing the order form, orders by the mode of telephone or logging into your Account or uploading files, the Client will be deemed to have accepted and agreed to these Terms.
- Any variation of these Terms shall be inapplicable unless agreed in writing by the Company.
- The Company reserves the right to amend and update these Terms at any time without notice.
3.0 Your Account
- In order to access some of the features of this Site or use some of the Services, you will have to create an Account. You represent and warrant to the Company that all information you submit when you create your Account is accurate, current and complete, and that you will keep your Account information accurate, current and complete.
- If the Company has reason to believe that your Account information is untrue, inaccurate, out-of-date or incomplete, the Company reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to suspend or terminate your Account. You are solely responsible for the activity that occurs on your Account, whether authorised by you or not, and you must keep your Account information secure, including without limitation your login details and payment method(s).
- You must notify the Company immediately of any breach of security or unauthorised use of your Account. The Company will not be liable for any loss you incur due to any unauthorised use of your Account. You, however, may be liable for any loss the Company or others incur caused by your Account, whether caused by you, or by an authorised person, or by an unauthorised person.
4.0 Price & Payment
- Payment by the Client will be either on a monthly, quarterly or yearly single payment basis. By entering your credit card details into our billing system, you agree to allow your card to be used for these payments. Notification will be given when payment is being taken in the form of an email.
- Payment for domains and hosting accounts are due each anniversary month or year following the date the account was established. Clients paying by credit card will automatically be charged before the renew date unless a cancellation request has already been made. Failure to pay before the renew date could result in loss of service and loss of domain names. Clients can choose to remove their card details from their Account but increase the risk of losing services if payment is not made in a timely manner.
- Card payments are processed via a tokenization based system through our payment processing company Realex who are fully PCI compliant. The Company does not store card details on its systems.
- Where payment method is bank transfer the correct invoice number must be used as payment reference to avoid delays and suspensions/terminations. The Company will not be liable for any loss to the Client in the situation where payment details given are not clear and accurate.
- The Company reserves the right to vary the amount payable from time to time, however we will give you 30 days prior written notice of any such variation.
- The Company expressly reserves the right to review every Account for excessive space and bandwidth utilisation, and to terminate or apply additional fees to those Accounts that exceed allowed levels.
- If the Client's Service or Account is activated before payment is made then payment must be sent in full.
- If payment is not made and received in full within 14 days from the completion of the Contract all technical support for the Site will be revoked and your Account will be disabled. If payment is still not made in the following 30-day period, the Account will be deleted from our servers and all DNS services will stop.
- Any returned cheques to Clients will incur an administration fee of €35.00.
- Re Companies: Any orders received from a company shall be deemed to be made by an authorised person with the authority to bind the company.
- The Company has no obligation to carry out any work until full payment in advance has been received in clear funds.
5.0 Cancellation & Refunds
- An order may be cancelled only if the Company receives notification to cancel in any of the following circumstances:
- before the Company activates the Client’s Account, initiates or delivers the Service(s) or otherwise incurs any costs; or
- in respect of an order for hosting services, within 30 calendar days from the date on which the hosting service was ordered or renewed.
- The Company may, at its sole discretion, refuse or cancel any Service.
- The Company offers a 30 day money back guarantee on hosting orders however, the Client must notify us within that 30 day period or no refund will be awarded.
- Any Accounts terminated due to breach of these Terms will not be refunded.
- It is the Clients responsibility to notify the Company if they wish to terminate their Service or Account before the next renewal date. Any payments made by the Client before termination notice has been given are non-refundable.
- Hosting and domain services must be cancelled through your Account by selecting the appropriate service and choose the 'Request Cancellation' option from the management menu.
- Third party cancellations are not accepted.
- The initial term of the Contract shall be the period determined by reference to the payment option selected by the Client in accordance with clause 4.1 and shall commence on the date of acceptance of the Terms by the Client. Thereafter the Contract will continue on a monthly, quarterly, annually or bi-annually basis unless terminated according to the provisions below.
- Accounts with overdue invoices exceeding 60 days will be automatically terminated and data deleted from our servers.
- The Company may, at its sole option and without any obligation to refund monies paid by you terminate the Contract immediately on written notice (email) to you if:
- ordered to do so by a court of competent jurisdiction;
- the use of the Service is or becomes illegal;
- if there is a breach of the Contract;
- evidence of harassment, aggression or offensive behaviour is communicated to any member of the Company’s staff through phone, written or electronic communication;
- evidence of repeated website infection and subsequent failure to follow up remediation;
- the continued use of the Service could cause technical problems on the Internet and/or impair services supplied by the Company; or
- you act in any way or do anything which may reasonably be construed to impugn the trade mark rights of the Company or otherwise be detrimental to the business, goodwill or reputation of the Company.
- Either party may terminate the Contract by serving not less than 7 days’ notice on the other provided that if you terminate the Contract pursuant to this clause you shall not be entitled to a refund of any monies paid.
- For the purposes of the Contract, for the Client to terminate the Agreement, "Written Notice" means completing the "request subscription termination" process via the Client control panel.
- For the Company to terminate the Contract, "Written Notice" means an email or letter sent via recorded delivery to the most recent contact details provided by the Client as maintained in the Client control panel.
- When your Account is closed all files will be deleted.
- Any improper use by the Client under the AUP will result in immediate termination of the Services.
- If the Client has ordered a service on an annual subscription, the Company expects the Client to commit for this period of time. If the Client wishes to cancel or breaches any of these Terms and their Account is cancelled within this service period, the Company will not make any refunds for any unused portions of the Client's Account. Whilst the Company does not offer refunds, the Client have no obligation to continue using our service.
- The termination of these Terms shall be without prejudice to the rights of either the Company or the Client that have accrued up to the date of termination, including the right to claim damages in respect of any breach of these Terms which existed at or before the date of termination.
- The following clauses shall survive any termination or expiration of these Terms or your use of the Site or the Services: clauses 1 (Definitions & Interpretation), 6 (Termination) 10 (Limitation of Liability), 11 (Indemnity ), 21 (Notices), 25 (Governing Law and Jurisdiction)
7.0 Fraudulent Activities
- In the case where suspicion of fraud has arisen, the Company reserves the right to cancel your Account at any time without prior notice or consent from the Client. We also reserve the right to not refund any monies paid and this is totally at the Company’s discretion. Factors that may constitute as fraudulent include;
- Supplying false contact information;
- Using someone else’s credit card without their written consent;
- Withholding information from the Company; or
- Offering or distributing any fraudulent goods, services, schemes or promotions.
- Use of the Services and the Site is also subject to the terms set out in the Company’s Acceptable Usage Policy, a copy of which is exhibited at Schedule 2. For the avoidance of doubt by accepting these Terms, you are also accepting terms as outlined in the Acceptable Usage Policy.
- The Company does not tolerate the transmission of spam. Clients suspected to be using the Services or an Account for the purpose of sending spam are fully investigated. If we determine there is a problem with spam, we will take the appropriate action to resolve the situation.
- The Company defines spam as the sending of unsolicited commercial email, unsolicited bulk email or unsolicited facsimiles, which is email or facsimile sent to recipients as an advertisement or otherwise, without first obtaining prior confirmed consent to receive these communications.
9.0 Monitoring of Content
- The Company reserves the right (but undertakes no duty) to screen content published via the Services and determine whether any such content is appropriate and/or complies with these Terms.
- The Company may remove any item of content published via the Services or posted to a website hosted by the Company and/or terminate a Client’s access to the Services for posting or publishing any material deemed inappropriate, in breach of these Terms, or for otherwise breaching these Terms (as determined by the Company in its sole and absolute discretion), at any time and without prior notice.
- The Company reserves the right to remove material deemed inappropriate from your web pages, without prior notice. The Company does not allow Warez, illegal MP3 websites, porn and discriminate or racial content on their servers.
- The Company assumes no responsibility for the content, terms and conditions, privacy policies, or practices of any third-party websites and the Company does not censor or edit the content of any third-party websites.
- By using the Services and the Site, you expressly release the Company from any and all liability arising from your use of any third-party website. Accordingly, we encourage you to be aware when you leave the Site and to review the terms and conditions, privacy policies, and other governing documents of each other website that you may visit.
10.0 Limitation of Liability
- Nothing in these Terms shall limit or exclude the Company’s liability for: death or personal injury caused by its negligence, or the negligence of its personnel, agents or subcontractors; fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation; or any other liability which cannot be limited or excluded by applicable law.
- Subject to clause 10.1:
- the Company shall not have any liability to the Client, whether in contract, tort (including negligence), breach of statutory duty, or otherwise, for any indirect or consequential losses, loss of profit or loss of reputation arising under or in connection with these Terms, the Services or the Client’s use of the Site (including any delay, interruption or cessation of Services);
- the Company shall not have any liability to the Client, whether in contract, tort (including negligence), breach of statutory duty, or otherwise, for
- Subject to clause 10.1, in no event shall the Company have any liability to the Client for any direct, indirect, incidental, special, punitive or consequential claims, demands, costs, expenses, losses, liabilities and damages whatsoever or howsoever arising as a result of or in connection with:
- any linked site;
- any viruses, worms, bugs or Trojan horses (or similar) whether introduced by the Company's software or otherwise;
- any unauthorised access to or use of the Company’s servers and/or any and all content, personal information, financial information or other information and data stored therein;
- any content that is defamatory, harassing, abusive, harmful to minors or any protected class, pornographic, obscene or otherwise objectionable; or
- the use, misuse, unavailability of removal of any Services.
- The limitations on liability set out in this clauses 10 shall apply to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- The Company may delegate or sub-contract the performance of any of its obligations under any Contract without the Client’s consent.
- You agree to protect, defend, indemnify and hold harmless the Company and its officers, directors, employees, agents, and third party service providers from and against any and all claims, demands, costs, expenses, losses, liabilities and damages of every kind and nature (including, without limitation, reasonable legal fees) imposed upon or incurred by the Company directly or indirectly arising from;
- your use of and access to the Site or the Services;
- your breach of any provision of these Terms or the policies or agreements which are incorporated herein; and/or
- your breach of any third-party right, including without limitation any intellectual property or other proprietary right.
12.0 Client's Liability
- It is the Client's responsibility to carry out personal computer virus precautions.
- It is the Client's responsibility to ensure their website is updated and free from malware, Trojan horses and viruses. Website's found to be infected will be suspended and deleted from our servers upon notification. Please see our Acceptable Usage Policy for more details.
- Data stored on our servers is backed up nightly however this service is provided to you as a courtesy and you will incur a charge (non-refundable) of €30.00 + VAT per incident for file or folder restores at the companies discretion.
- Telnet shell accounts will never be made available on shared hosting account for security reasons.
- Clients must not attempt to gain the privileges of another user.
- When seeking domain registration, the Client will be responsible when placing an order to ensure that the domain has not been registered by some other person.
- It is the Client’s responsibility to notify the Company if they wish to terminate their Service before the next renewal date. Any payments made by the Client before termination notice has been given are non-refundable.
- It is the responsibility of the Client to keep independent backup files of important data. The Company is not responsible for files and/or data residing on your Account. You agree to take full responsibility for files and data transferred and to maintain all appropriate backup of files and data stored on the Company’s servers. Any and all backup services provided by the Company, whether paid or not, are offered with no warranty or guarantee of their date, accuracy, and integrity
- The Client controls all information it uploads onto our servers and is responsible for ensuring that, where such information includes personal information, same is being lawfully processed in accordance with the DPA (as defined in Clause 14.1 of this Agreement) where and as required.
- Please read our Acceptable Usage Policy.
13.0 Domain Names – General
- Domain names must be paid for in full and for a minimum of 12 months in advance. Renewal prices are displayed on our website.
- In the case of expiry, we will contact you at least 60 days in advance by email with a renewal Invoice.
- By default domains are set to auto renew and it is the Client’s responsibility to disable this feature from their Account.
- Domains will not be renewed by the Company until payment is received in full.
- In some cases there is a requirement by the registrar for a domain to be set to auto-renew prior to the renewal date or the domain will be deleted upon expiration, it is the sole responsibility of the Client to comply with these requirements. The Client may seek assistance from the Company if necessary.
- It is the Client’s responsibility to make sure all contact information associated with the domain name is up to date and accessible. It is not the Company's responsibility to check this information.
- If the Client fails to contact the Company on the domains expiry date the domain will not be renewed. In some cases a domain name can enter a redemption period once expired. In the case of a domain entering a redemption period, the Company will be required to charge a fee of €250 to restore the domain.
- Once a domain name has been registered or renewed on a Client’s behalf, it is not possible to modify or cancel the domain or offer a refund.
- The Company does not impose any charges or fees when transferring a domain away to a new registrar
- The Company will not be responsible for any changes made to a domain name prior too or after a transfer situation including DNS changes, Nameserver changes, Whois changes, Registrar lock, Renewal status and EPP codes.
- Whilst the Company shall expeditiously seek domain registration, the Company shall not be liable in the event of the domain having been registered by some other person by the time the Company seeks registration in which event a full refund will be paid to the Client without any other liability on the part of the Company for loss by the Client.
14.0 Privacy / Data Protection
- For the purposes of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) (EU) 2016/679 and the Data Protection Acts 1988-2018 (collectively referred to as the “DPA”), the Company acts as a controller (as defined in the DPA) in relation to personal information it processes in relation to its Clients.
- The Company does not, and accepts no liability whatsoever, for personal information uploaded onto its servers by the Client. The Client retains full control and responsibility for all such information and warrants to the Company that such information is at all times being lawfully processed.
15.0 Domain Names - Nominet Domains
- All *.uk domain registrations are covered by Nominet's terms and conditions. In case of dispute you should refer to their domain dispute resolution policy.
16.0 Domain Names - IEDR Domains
- All .ie domain registrations are covered by the IEDRs registration policy. In case of dispute you should refer to their domain dispute resolution policy.
17.0 Virtual Servers
- Virtual servers come unmanaged by default and it is the Clients responsibility for maintaining the operating system and underlying services including:
- OS Patching;
- security (firewall, passwords, file security);
- scripting languages e.g. PHP, ASP;
- databases; or
- application installation.
- The Company's responsibility is defined as;
- Network connectivity and uptime;
- Hardware uptime and replacement; and
- PLESK control panel.
- Data stored on our servers is backed up nightly however this service is provided to you as a courtesy and you will incur a charge (non-refundable) of €30.00 + VAT per incident for file or folder restores at the companies discretion.
- In most instances we will endeavour to offer support and 'best-advice' guidance to Clients with unmanaged servers and virtual servers. If a Client requires additional support outside of their Contract the Company will charge a support fee for any work carried out.
- If you wish to make a complaint, please: open a ticket via your Account; or email it to email@example.com and mark it for the attention of the manager.
- Escalations will be handled internally once an appropriate course of action has been identified.
- We will endeavour to respond to your query within 5 working days. If you are unsatisfied with the reply you receive, you can address your complaint in writing to Complaints C/O Myhost, Unit C, Block 4, Shannon Business Park, Shannon, County Clare, Ireland and this will be answered within 10 working days.
19.0 Force Majeure
- The Company shall not be liable for any delay in meeting or for failure to meet any of its obligations under this Contract due to any cause outside its reasonable control, including, without limitation, strikes, lock‑outs, Acts of God, war, riot, malicious acts of damage, fire, acts of any government authority, failure of the public electricity supply, failure or delay on the part of any sub‑contractor beyond the sub‑contractor’s reasonable control or the lack of availability of materials.
20.0 Entire Agreement
- These Terms constitute the entire agreement between the Company and the Client and supersedes and extinguishes all previous discussions, correspondence, negotiations, drafts, agreements, promises, assurances, warranties, representations and understandings between them, whether written or oral, relating to the subject matter of these Terms.
- A notice given to the Company or the Client under or in connection with these Terms will be in writing and will be delivered by hand or sent by post or email, in each case to that party's main address or email address (or to such other address or email address as that party may notify to the other party in accordance with these Terms).
- A waiver of any right or remedy by the Company under these Terms or by law is only effective if given in writing. Any such waiver shall apply only to the circumstances for which it is given and shall not be deemed a waiver of any subsequent breach or default. A failure or delay by the Company to exercise any right or remedy provided under these Terms or by law shall not constitute a waiver of that or any other right or remedy, nor shall it prevent or restrict any further exercise of that or any other right or remedy. No single or partial exercise by the Company of any right or remedy provided under these Terms or by law shall prevent or restrict the further exercise of that or any other right or remedy.
23.0 Rights and Remedies
- The rights and remedies provided under these Terms are in addition to, and not exclusive of, any rights or remedies provided by law.
- If any provision or part-provision of these Terms is or becomes invalid, illegal or unenforceable, it will be deemed modified to the minimum extent necessary to make it valid, legal and enforceable. If such modification is not possible, the relevant provision or part-provision will be deemed deleted. Any modification to or deletion of a provision or part-provision under this clause will not affect the validity and enforceability of the rest of these Terms.
25.0 Governing Law and Jurisdiction
- These Terms and any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with them or their subject matter or formation (including non-contractual disputes or claims) will be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of Ireland. The Company and the Client irrevocably agree that the courts of Ireland will have exclusive jurisdiction to settle any dispute or claim that arises out of or in connection with these Terms or their subject matter or formation (including non-contractual disputes or claims).
Myhost Internet Services Limited, a company registered in Ireland under company registration number 358289 and with a registered address at Unit C, Block 4, Shannon Business Park, Shannon, County Clare (“Myhost”) is committed to protecting your privacy and ensuring that your personal data is protected at all times. Accordingly processing of such data through this website is carried out in line with our obligations under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) (EU) 2016/679 (“GDPR”) and the Data Protection Acts 1988-2018 (collectively referred to as “the DPA”), as may be amended from time to time.
2.0 Types of information we collectPersonal Information
Myhost will collect personal information that you voluntarily share on our website such as your name, company name, domain name, postal address, email address, phone number(s), postal code(s), your login details and billing and payment information, such as credit card information. This will be referred to as personal information.Non-Personal Information
Myhost will automatically collect certain technical information every time you use our website through the use of Google Analytics which includes browsing statistics, the internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform, demographic and geographic information, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), methods used to browse away from the page and other statistical data. Myhost does not combine information collected in this way with any personally-identifiable information. This information will therefore be referred to as non-personal information as you will not be personally identifiable from the information we collect about you in this way.Cookies
3.0 Purpose & Use of Personal Information
We will use personal information collected about you via our website for the following purposes:
- On the basis of your consent, to process orders placed by you through the website or to provide you with information, products and/or services that you have requested, to include registering you as a user/customer or, where relevant, to respond to issues or queries raised by you through the website for e.g. through our live chat function;
- Where you are an existing customer, your personal information will be processed on the basis of our contractual relationship with you as set out in our terms of service which can be found here.
- In limited circumstances, your personal information may be processed by Myhost where such processing is necessary to comply with a legal obligation to which we are subject.
We will use non-personal information collected about you via our website for the following purposes:
- To administer the website and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- To improve the website and to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our website, when you choose to do so;
- As part of our efforts to keep our website safe and secure.
4.0 Information Accuracy & RetentionAccuracy
Myhost will take reasonable steps to ensure that the personal information we process is accurate and reliable for its intended use however, we will rely on the accuracy of the information provided directly to us by you through our website. All website users are responsible for notifying us in relation to any changes to personal information originally supplied to us for e.g. changes to email address, postal address, telephone number etc.Retention
Customers: In circumstances where the relationship between Myhost and its customers is governed by contract, Myhost will generally retain customer personal information for up to 7 years from the date of termination of the contractual relationship between the parties.
Others (including prospective customers): Where Myhost processes personal information in relation to individuals who are not customers, such information will generally only be retained for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes for which it was collected, whether this is to consider working with you or to deal with a request or enquiry from you. As a general rule, such information will only be stored for up to 1 year after your dealings with us have ended or, where we are processing personal information on the basis of your consent, for so long as we have your consent to do so.
We will securely delete your personal information when we no longer have a legitimate basis for processing it.
5.0 Sharing of Personal and Non-Personal InformationGeneral
Myhost will not share your personal information with third parties except where it has a lawful basis to do so.
Myhost will share your personal information with internal authorised persons who are required to process your information by reason of their employment. Such persons are subject to a duty of confidentiality so as to prevent unauthorised disclosure of your personal data and to ensure that your personal information is processed only for the purposes outlined above.
Where we share your personal information with a third party to process on our behalf and subject to our instructions i.e. a data processor, we will ensure compliance with our obligations pursuant to the DPA by putting a legal contract in place with that party so as to ensure the onward security and protection of your personal information.
There may also be instances where Myhost is legally required to disclose your personal information to a third party for example to law enforcement agencies such as the Gardaí to comply with a summons, applicable law or a court or regulatory order however, such transfers will be rare and you will be advised in such circumstances (unless we are legally prohibited from notifying you).
Myhost may disclose non-personal information to third parties such as Google Analytics.Domain Registration
As part of the Myhost service, where instructed by a customer, we will register and manage domain names through a number of registries and resellers which may be both nationally and/or internationally based depending on the type of domain name that you chose to register. Such registrations will require the transmission of customer personal data to the relevant registry/reseller in order to effect and maintain domain registration on your behalf. Myhost does not control this data but rather acts as a processing agent by transferring your information to the relevant domain name registry/reseller at your request. Myhost will only process personal information required by the relevant domain name registry/reseller and as required to comply with the contractual requirements of the governing body ICANN (Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers).
Depending on the domain name that is required to be registered, your personal information may also be required to be processed outside of the European Economic Area (EEA) which is considered further at paragraph 6 below.Other Services
Certain other services provided by Myhost i.e. SSL certificates, website backup services and website malware products may also require personal information such as your name, address, email address or website URL to be shared with a third party. For these purposes, Myhost will only use reputable companies who it believes takes your privacy seriously.
As with domain registrations, some of these third parties will process your personal information outside the EEA (and in particular the USA), which is considered further below.
6.0 Where we store your Personal Information and transfers outside the EEA
We store all personal information you provide to us and which we control about you in our Dublin Datacentre, South City Business Centre, Tallaght, Dublin, Ireland (within the EU/EEA).
Your personal information may however be transferred outside of the EEA by Myhost in order to register a customer domain name (depending on the type of domain registration requested for e.g. .com, .org, .biz, .co.uk) and also in relation to the ‘other services’ outlined in paragraph 5 above. This includes potential transfers to the following countries:-
It may also include the UK as and from the end of March 2019 when Brexit takes effect.
Myhost will process your personal information outside the EEA in order to discharge its contractual obligations to you in accordance with our terms of service and on the basis of your explicit consent for us to do so, notwithstanding the risks outlined below.
It is important for you to note that the abovementioned countries have been deemed by the European Commission not to have adequate privacy laws and practices in place for the protection of the personal data regarding European citizens. There may be a number of reasons why the EC has decided not to make an adequacy decision in relation to such countries for e.g. certain data processing principles may not apply or data subjects may not have recognised rights in relation to their personal information. Furthermore, there may be no nationally recognised data supervisory authority in existence to monitor and safeguard data protection rights, as is required in the Member States of the EEA
If you require any further information on the risks transferring personal information outside the EEA or in relation to those third parties who may be in receipt of your personal information for the above mentioned purposes, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to assist you.
Please note that, by signing up to our terms of service and electing certain domain names or the other services outlined, you will be deemed to have explicitly consented to the transfer of your personal information outside the EEA notwithstanding the risks to your privacy rights which are involved in such transfers. Your consent can however be withdrawn at any time by contacting email@example.com.
Where you have engaged Myhost for the purposes of server hosting, we do not access the information or data stored on the relevant server unless instructed by you to do so. For this purpose and in accordance with the DPA, we operate as a processor of such data and we shall ensure compliance with our obligations pursuant to Article 28 of the GDPR in this regard.
8.0 Your Rights
Subject to limited exceptions, you have a number of rights in relation to your personal information under the DPA including:
- The right to information about what data we hold about you;
- The right to a copy of all data we hold about you either by way of a data access request or, in a machine readable format, by way of a data portability request;
- The right to object to our processing of your data;
- The right to request that your personal information be erased or restricted from further use;
- The right to correct amend or update information you have given us;
- Where we process your personal data on the basis of your consent, the right to withdraw this consent at any time.
To exercise any of the above rights please contact us at:-
Unit C, Block 4
Shannon Business Park
Please note that whilst we will carefully assess every request we receive we may not always have to comply. When this happens, we will explain why.
If you are not satisfied with the response you receive from us you also have a right to complain to the Data Protection Commission of Ireland whose contact details are:-
Office of the Data Protection Commission
10.0 Security and Other Important Information
If for any reason you follow a link or a pop up to another website, please note that such websites should have their own privacy policies and Myhost does not accept any responsibility or liability the processing of your personal information via third party websites.
Myhost will use Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology to protect personal information transferred from your internet browser to our servers and we will endeavour to use best practices and take steps necessary to protect your personal data, including the use of strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Unfortunately however, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure and, although we will do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of information on or transmitted via the Internet. Therefore any transmission of your personal information via the website is at your own risk.
Furthermore, where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a user name or password which enables you to access certain parts of the website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
11.0 Changes to this Policy
In addition, if we make any material changes to our privacy practices that do not affect user information already stored in our database, we will post a prominent notice, before changes go into effect, on our website notifying users of the change. In some cases where we post the notice we will also email users, who have opted to receive communications from us, notifying them of the changes in our privacy practices.